- Rejuvenate Yourself in the Midst of Nature at Kinabalu Park
- Test your Stamina and Endurance on the trek to Low’s Peak
- Catch the Colourful Sunrise at the Summit of Mount Kinabalu
Day 1 – Park HQ / Timp. Gate / Ascend Mount Kinabalu / Laban Rata
The journey from city to countryside where Kinabalu Park is located takes about 2 hours by car. You will be picked up from your hotel and brought to Kinabalu Park where you will collect your packed lunch and register for your climb of Mount Kinabalu. Get to meet your assigned guide who is an expert mountaineer and will lead your excursion to the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
You will be transferred to Timpohon Gate once you get your ID tag which you should keep on you at all times until the end of the entire climb and descent. The climb to Laban Rata should take approximately 4 to 5 hours, duration in which you will pass by various vegetation zones that have plants that grow in specific conditions. You can spot Oak and Chestnut on your way up, and even higher up you will see the vegetation morph into more mossy and alpine vegetation.
Once you spot the Laban Rata huts, know that you’ve climbed to about 3,272 metres above sea level. The climate that high up is cold and dry so make sure you have prepared any necessary clothing or skincare for this journey. You can choose to stroll around with someone or in a group within the Laban Rata area if you like, as long as you stay within the safe zones and do not go off exploring on your own. Don’t miss the buffet dinner at Laban Rata restaurant that will have you feeling sleepy when you’re finished, ready to dive into bed.
Day 2 – Low’s Peak / Descend Mount Kinabalu / Kota Kinabalu
May the weather today bless you with clear skies for the remaining climb. You will have to wake up an hour or two after midnight if you are to make it in time to see the sunrise at Low’s Peak. Stock up on your energy reserves with a quick supper, then commence on the trek to the summit which sits at 4,095 metres above sea level. This trek is sure to have you giving it your all, but all the effort you’re putting in will not go wasted once you reach your destination.
At the top of Low’s Peak, you will get to see a sunrise you will be unable to witness anywhere else but on a mountain peak. Watch as the sky runs through a breath-taking palette of colours while the sun ascends through the sky leisurely. Once the morning sun has fully emerged, make your way back down to Laban Rata for a breakfast and continue on to Timpohon Gate to be transferred to Park HQ. You can collect your Certificate of Achievement there and proceed to enjoy a hearty buffet lunch at Balsam Restaurant before you return to the city of Kota Kinabalu.
Cancellations after confirmation of tour will incur a 50% charge of the total package price. This fund is not refundable, in whole or in part, cannot be brought forward and/or used for future bookings.
Cancellation within 29-15 days prior to the tour date: 75% of total package payment incurred.
Cancellation within 14-2 days prior to the tour date: 85% of total package payment incurred.
Cancellation within 24 hours or no show: No refunds.
- 6:15 am – 6:45 am
- English-Speaking Mountain Guide
- Hotel Return Transfer
- Return Transfer (Park HQ-Timpohon Gate-Park HQ)
- Entrance Fees
- Full-Board Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Climbing Insurance, Permit & Certificate of Achievement
- One (1) Night’s at Laban Rata Accommodation (Non-Heated Dormitory)
What’s Not Included:
- Porter Fee (RM 130.00/10kg)
- Luggage Keeping Fee (RM 12.00/Luggage)
- Beverages / Alcoholic Drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- For 2 Days 1 Night packages, bookings can only be made 30 days before the climbing date. Accommodations are subject to availability. For bookings out of the 30-day limit, prices are subject to additional surcharges
- Prices per person shown are based on minimum of two (2) pax. For solo or group travellers, please check with GO Buddy (Call / Whatsapp +6011-1043 3134)
- Please prepare waterproof backpack, trekking or running shoes with good grip, warm clothing, windbreaker, extra clothing, raincoat, head torch, toiletries, refillable water bottle, high energy food (chocolates, nuts, energy bars)
- Extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee
- A maximum of 5 climbers per mountain guide is allowed for climbers 16 years old and above
- A maximum of 2 climbers per mountain guide is allowed for climbers 15 years old and below
- An additional mountain guide costs RM 230.00 per guide
- For climbers who reach Timpohon Gate late (after 4:00 pm), a fee of RM 15.00 per hour/guide is chargeable and to be paid directly to the mountain guide on the spot
- RM150 Surcharge on transportation if the client failed to follow scheduled departure 1600 hrs after the mountain climb
- Local mountain guide will accompany clients during the trek to the summit
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out