Tour Code: BKI-19 Duration: Approx 6 Hours
Embark on a thrilling adventure as you brave the rapids in an adrenaline-pumping 2-hour thrill ride.
- Appreciate the Scenery at the Kiulu River
- Challenge Yourself by Ploughing Through the Rapids (River Class I-II)
- Longest (15km) White Water River Rafting Experience in Sabah
- Banana Rapid, Wall Rapid and Body Rafting Area
The tour has two main aims—giving participants a positive experience unlike any other and allowing them to really admire and appreciate the magnificent scenery. It is highly recommended for first timers who require a good ‘warming up’ session before moving on to more adventurous rivers. It is also great for those who already have some knowledge of rafting but wish to go on a milder escapade instead. Besides banana rapid and wall rapid, the tour also offers body rafting.
This is the longest white water rafting course in Sabah, Borneo. The entire journey takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours as it depends on the water level. When it is high the rafting distance stretches 15 kilometres but at an average water level, it only reaches 9km.
Your day begins at 8.30 am. The journey from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu to the Borneo Wavehunters’ base camp at Tamparuli town takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Light refreshments will be served before transferring to the starting point at Pukak/Kiulu town. The tour group will gear up at 10.30 am. There will be a 20 minutes briefing session by the professional river guides or raft masters. The rafting excursion is expected to end at 12.50 pm. You will be able to have a bath before enjoying a lavish BBQ buffet lunch. Board the coach at 2 pm to be transferred back to your hotel. The arrival time is around 3 pm to 3.30 pm.
- 7:45 am to 8:15 am
- English-Speaking Guide
- Hotel Return Transfer
- Entrance Fees
- Meals: BBQ Lunch
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Liability Release Form must be signed prior to the commencement of the tour
- Children below the age of 6 years old are strictly not permitted to join the tour
- Please bring your own towel, change of clothes and shoes, sun block, hat, insect repellent and swimwear
- Participants are required to be physically fit while children below the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants’ passport number/IC number and full name are also required for record, security reasons and certification
- Personal belongings at owner’s risk
- Do not bring any valuables (i.e. earrings, necklaces)
- Not advisable to wear contact lenses for this trip
- Child prices apply for children of ages 2 to 11. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own