Tour Code: BKI-59 Duration: Approx 3 Hours
Glide through the clear waters of Manukan Island on a kayak and enjoy a snorkelling adventure
- Visit the Beautiful Manukan Island, Malaysia’s First Marine National park
- Kayak Through the South China Sea Around Manukan Island
- Go Looking for Nemo as you Snorkel Around Crystalline waters of the Island
- Laze on an Inflatable Waterproof bed Under the Summer Sun on the Smooth Beaches of the Island
Get up bright and early in the morning for a day filled with exciting and fun activities while you kayak around Manukan Island. A coach will come to pick you up at 8.30 am from your hotel to transfer you to Jesselton Point, a ferry terminal that has now become a popular tourist site. From there you will depart for Manukan Island on a short, 30-minute boat ride. Once you’ve reached the Malaysia’s first marine national park, a guide will be there to greet you and inform you about all the safety precautions while you gear up for an amazing kayaking trip.
Bask in the beauty and serenity of Manukan Island while you paddle your way around the second largest island of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (or TARP for short). This island is popular amongst international and domestic tourists for the clear, tranquil sea. You’ll get to spend about 2 hours enjoying the soothing motion of the waves as you paddle across this picturesque island. Take your time and really savour Malaysia’s year-round summer weather and the sight of the sparkling, turquoise water. Don’t worry about rough waters as Manukan Island’s seas are calm and collected, perfect for beginners or first time kayakers!
If kayaking isn’t your thing, take a dive into the cooling waters and escape the heat of the sun and snorkel in the clear, blue waters of Manukan Island. Amongst the five islands of TARP, Manukan Island is ranked as the best snorkelling site for its crystalline waters and perfect views of the diverse marine life as well as the coral reefs. So get your snorkelling gear on and try to find Nemo amongst the array of exotic sea life and vibrant corals.
Want to take a break from all the excitement of snorkelling and kayaking? Manukan Island is the perfect place to just lay back, enjoy the sun and relax. The island’s soft, sandy beach stretches to a whopping 1,500 meters across the south side of the island, giving you an ideal view of the crystal clear waters. The island also has lifeguards on watch to keep an eye on anything happening at sea so feel comfortable to take a cooling swim in the ocean without worry. Build sandcastles with the kids, lay back to tan or just simple wade around in the shallow parts of the waters, you can do it all at Manukan Island!
After some fun in the sun, you can sate your appetite with a nice lunch back Manukan Island at one of the many restaurants they have. Then you enjoy the rest of your time on the island free for you to do whatever you want. You’ll get inflatable waterproof beds to take your power nap to the next level under the shade of the forested shore. If you want to take a little bit of Manukan Island home with you, you can browse through the small souvenir shops that are set up on the island. The island also offers a myriad of other sea activities that you can enjoy should you choose to. Some of the activities include jet-skiing, banana boat rides, parasailing and discovery scuba diving. You’ll be spoiled for choices with so many things to do on the beach you’ll be sad when its time to leave!
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am
- Transfer to/from hotel
- Boat transfer to/from Manukan Island
- Mineral Water
- Kayaking Equipment
- English-speaking guide
- Snorkel Set
- Inflatable waterproof bed
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Extra Drinks and Meals
- Island Activities / Sea Sports
- Entrance Fee
- Minimum 2 pax for the tour to be confirmed. Tour operator reserves rights to cancel tour should minimum pax is not met
- Recommended to bring comfortable shoes/sandals with straps, personal toiletries, sunblock, extra clothes, swimwear, extra pocket money, insect repellent and a waterproof bag
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own