Tour Code: TWU-19 Duration: Approx 6 Hours
Explore the amazing islands of Bohey Dulang, Mantabuan and Sibuan in the Tun Sakaran Marine Park that rivals the Great Barrier Reef in marine life richness in this snorkelling and exploring adventure!
- Experience the Crystal Clear Waters of Three Amazing Islands in Semporna
- See the Breath-Taking Views of Bohey Dulang Island
- Get a Chance to Swim with Turtles and See Rare Marine Life that Rivals The Great Barrier Reef in Terms of Richness and Diversity
The Tun Sakaran Marine Park is located off the coast of Semporna and represents the largest marine park in Sabah that covers 340 square kilometres across eight beautiful islands featuring beautiful sceneries and a diverse marine life ecosystem. Situated at the entrance to Darvel Bay, off the East coast of Sabah near the town of Semporna, it takes about 45 minutes by speedboat from the jetty of this small town to the park. Our adventure will take you three of these beautiful islands, namely Bohey Dulang, Mantabuan and Sibuan islands.
The second largest of the islands within the vicinity, Bohey Dulang features a beautiful emerald lagoon that was once a part of an extinct volcanic crater. First up on our list and it is famous on the island, is a beautiful hiking trail that offers a fantastic 360-degree view of the surroundings. The Sea Gypsies, locally known as the Bajau Laut also inhabit the islands of Bohey Dulang and Bodgaya. Their nomadic and water-bound lifestyle is a subject of interest to ordinary tourists as well as anthropologists. The island also houses a giant clam hatchery that breeds rare species of giant clams, along with the local seaweed farms.
Sibuan Island is said to be one of the most beautiful islands in the marine park, featuring untouched white sandy beaches and swaying coconut trees, cradled in crystal clear waters surrounding the island. Untainted by any resort development, here you can enjoy encounters with many amazing underwater creatures; like pygmy seahorses, nudibranchs, mandarin fish, crocodile fish, lion fish, scorpion fish and frogfish while snorkelling.
Mantabuan represents the smallest island in the marine park, located just 2 kilometres from Bohey Dulang. The friendly Sea Gypsies also make their home on this island, and it is not uncommon to be invited into their little homes made on stilts over the crystal clear water for a fresh coconut! Snorkelling and diving activities are popular here, as enthusiasts will get the chance to see sea turtles, blue-spotted rays and many other rare marine life as well!
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am
- Bohey Dulang, Sibuan and Mantabuan Island Visit
- Packed Lunch, Fruits & Drinking Water
- Jetty Fees
- Sabah National Marine Park Fee
- Snorkelling Equipment (Mask, Snorkel)
- Return Boat Transfers
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Carbonated & Alcoholic Drinks
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Minimum 2 pax for tour to be confirmed
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own